R.E.N PROGRAM - Geography
LEVEL 3 GEOGRAPHY
AS 91427 (3.2) “Demonstrate geographic understanding of how a cultural process shapes geographic environments”.
Level 3 students study the Tourism Development Process in Rotorua.
Aspects of the cultural process may include:
- how it creates variations (spatial and/or temporal) in the geographic environment(s)
- how it has impacted on people and the environment(s).
LEVEL 1 GEOGRAPHY
AS 91009 “Demonstrate geographic understanding of the sustainable use of an environment”
- Describing how and why people use the selected environment
- Fully explaining the consequences of this use on people and environment
- Fully explaining the sustainability, or otherwise, of the selected environment with continued use.